There is no charge by our organization for lessons or adaptive equipment. There are other costs however.
- CADS or BC Adaptive SnowSports. You will need to purchase an annual membership which provides liability insurance and supports the development of adaptive snow sports both provincially and nationally. Membership may entitle you to purchase lift tickets and rentals at a discount at SSMR - please contact the resort for details.
- Lift Pass. If you do not own a SSMR season pass you will need a daily lift pass from Silver Star Mountain Resort. Speak to your instructor before purchasing your day pass! There are different passes depending on the lifts you will use and afternoon 1/2 day passes are also available.
- Equipment. Unless you own your own equipment you may need to rent skis, snowboards, helmets and boots. SSASS will supply adaptive equipment at no cost.
Signing up for lessons takes about 20 minutes via our on-line portal - Snowline. Each student will need to create a unique user id and password and provide the following information:
- Personal Information: name, address, email, phone numbers, date of birth, caregivers, emergency contact, snow sport type: alpine skiing or snowboarding or sit-skiing.
- Club information request: Purpose of participating (finish sentence....'while on snow you wish to'...learn to race, learn skills, or be active for life; type of disability (checklist provided).
- Current personal information: Height/weight, condition as it relates to participation, behavioural traits and triggers, should escalation occur what to do, list mobility aids.
- Completed Medical Clearance to Participate required annually for upload to Snowline – click here to download.
- Program you are registering for and potential date/times for lessons.
Note that acceptance to SSASS programs requires ALL information to be provided and waivers signed through Snowline. We encourage you to register as early as possible to avoid disappointment as our programs are very popular.
Early January. Your instructor will contact you prior to arrange meeting time and place.
Our visitor program runs from when SSMR opens the alpine season until when the hill closes. Please be aware that we have very limited availability on weekends in January and February.
You will receive a confirmation email from SSASS.